Nothing says fall like a delicious squash soup. Sometimes a squash is so sweet, it tastes like candy!
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2-3 cups water
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. ginger juice, freshly grated
1. Place squash and onion in an uncovered soup pot, add enough water to cover vegetables, add pinch of sea salt and bring to boil.
2. Cover, simmer 20-25 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
3. Blend with either a hand-held immersion or regular blender, return to soup pot, add 1 tsp. sea salt and simmer 5-7 minutes. If soup is too thick, add more water. Let it cook 5 more minutes and taste. Add more sea salt if needed.
4. Grate ginger and with fingers squeeze ginger juice into the soup right before you serve it.
Note: You can garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds or sliced scallion.